The four committees, made up of renowned Australians with extensive experience from sectors such as research, technology, innovation and healthcare, will support the Australian Advisory Board on Technology and Health Competitiveness.
In March 2018, we announced the establishment of the industry led Advisory Board that is partnering with the United States Council on Competitiveness (USCC).
Both groups are focusing on collaboration and promotion of Australian technology, innovation and healthcare to boost business opportunities and create better outcomes for patients.
The Advisory Board is co-chaired by Mr Charles Kiefel OAM, Distinguished Fellow of the Global Federation of Competiveness Councils, Dr Larry Marshall, CEO of CSIRO, and Dr Jane Wilson, Director of Sonic Healthcare Ltd.
The Advisory Board is establishing an Australia-US Chief Technology Officer Dialogue.
The Dialogue will connect Australian and US Technology leaders to discuss common challenges, opportunities, and promote business and research collaboration in areas including healthcare, advanced computing, finance and entrepreneurship.
The four committees will help shape the agenda and discussion of the Advisory Board with members contributing their time and expertise on a pro bono or honorary basis.
These efforts will create more opportunities for Australian firms and innovators to learn from leading innovators in the United States.
STRATEGIC COMMITTEES TO SUPPORT THE AUSTRALIAN ADVISORY BOARD ON TECHNOLOGY AND HEALTH COMPETITIVENESS.
- Professor Russell Boyce (Chair for Space Engineering at UNSW Canberra)
- Mr Ric Gros (METS Ignited, growth centre)
- Dr Nick Barnes (3D vision, Data61)
- Ms Sue MacLeman (Managing Director MTP Connect (MedTech and Pharma Growth Centre)
- Dr Rachel Swift (Principal Boston Consulting Group)
- Professor Karen Reynolds (Dean of Research, College of Science and Engineering, Flinders University and member of the Australian Medical Research Advisory Board)
- Mr Lucas Litewka (Director, USC Clinical Trials Centre)
- Mr James Johnson (CEO, Geoscience Australia)
- Professor Andrew Dzurak (Director of the NSW node of the Australian National Fabrication Facility (ANFF) UNSW)
Financial systems, access to capital, and entrepreneurship
- Mr Sam Sicilia (Chief Investment Officer, HostPLUS)
- Dr Manny Pohl (Bond University)