The Facilities to receive funding are:
- Cell and Molecular Therapies (Royal Prince Alfred Hospital)
- Cell and Tissue Therapies WA (Royal Perth Hospital)
- Centre for Cellular Immunotherapy (Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre)
- Q-Gen Cell Therapeutics (QIMR Berghofer Medical Research Institute)
- Sydney Cell and Gene Therapy (Westmead Precinct)
Professor John Rasko AO, Founding Director, Cell & Molecular Therapies Royal Prince Alfred Hospital and President of International Society of Cell and Gene Therapy stated,” with national co-ordinated funding initiatives such as the TIA NCRIS investment. Australia is now well placed on the map to attract investors, clinical trialists and the biotechnology sector for the benefit of patients and their families.”
The $8.8 Million in funding will be provided over the next four years.